Outdoor Patio Furniture Sets
Guide To Buying Best Patio Furniture
To get the best outdoor patio furniture sets that complement your lifestyle and give you maximum value for money, it is important that you become aware of a few crucial things related to them.
To start with, focus on the following questions to help understand your needs and usage requirements.
- How often and at what times of day do you use your patio?
- How much sun does your patio typically receive?
- What do you actually plan to do out there? Is it eating, relaxing or partying?
- What type of furniture are you looking for?
- What materials you think will provide the right combination of style and durability?
- How do you plan to maintain your patio furniture?
Your answers will help determine what furniture should you opt for. For that let us find more about different aspects of outdoor patio furniture sets.
First let us look into...
Different Types Of Outdoor Patio Furniture Sets Available
Material is everything in outdoor furniture. You want it to be durable so it can withstand the elements. But you also want it to look good and be maintenance-free.
Outdoor patio furniture sets are available in a wide range of materials both in terms of frame material and fabric coverings.
If you prefer a casual, warm and natural style, wooden furniture is a good choice. It is durable and low maintenance material. The natural oils in some types of wood, such as teak, protect it against rot and harsh weather, extreme temperatures and high humidity.
On the other hand it is subject to mold, mildew, or weathering, often requiring refinishing yearly.
For a contemporary, streamlined look aluminum is a good choice. It is sturdy but lightweight and easy to move. It is easy to maintain as it cleans easily, resists corrosion and can remain unaffected even when left outside for long periods. It will not mold or mildew.
It is perfect for a casual, cozy, rustic or country style setting. Wicker is made from many natural materials such as bamboo, rattan, cane etc. It is lightweight, sturdy and easy to clean.
With its natural elegance, it can be used indoors also.
- Wrought Iron
Wrought iron is ideal for
creating a formal and classic look.
It is a strong
material, not easily damaged and lasts forever if properly maintained. It easily withstands windy conditions.
It will rust if coating is damaged.
It is inexpensive and durable. It is also lightweight and can be moved easily.
- Recycled Plastic & Polymer
It looks like wood and is of heavier weight. It resists mold, does not require refinishing and lasts longer.
Ideal for outdoor use is solution-dyed acrylic. It resists UV rays, moisture, mildew, and staining. Spun polyester with a UV-protective coating dries quickly and is less expensive, but is not as resistant to fading.
To get the most from the cushions, store them inside, when not in use.
With so much variety of furniture available, you have to focus on what is the right one for you. It is essential to know...
What Type Of Patio Furniture Will Complement Your Lifestyle!
The following factors based on your home environment and your needs will give you an idea what type of patio furniture is the right fit for you.
- Comfort - If you entertain frequently or spend a lot of time outdoors, comfort and durability are especially important, even if acquired at a higher price.
- Usage - If you usually have a lot of guests in large groups you might opt for a 7-piece dining set. If relaxing with friends and family for extended periods is what you want, cushioned seating sets would be ideal.
- Space - Get the furniture in proportion to the space that you have. It should not be too big or too small.
If space is limited, round tables are ideal alternatives to larger dining tables. Bistro sets are great outdoor furniture options for those with smaller spaces as are nesting tables and stacking chairs.
- Storage - Keep available storage space in mind when selecting what items to purchase. Some outdoor items integrate storage space into the pieces themselves.
- Weather Exposure - If you cannot shelter your patio furniture and accessories from the elements, it is best to purchase furniture constructed with materials best suited to conditions prevalent in your area.
- Surroundings - Will your patio furniture match, complement or contrast the decor? It is a good idea to consider overall style when selecting a purchase.
Let us now focus on choosing the best patio furniture complementing your lifestyle. Explained below are...
Guidelines For Choosing Best Outdoor Patio Furniture Sets
Consider its exposure to the weather, while choosing your furniture. Sunlight will make cushion colors fade and lose its luster. Genuine wicker furniture will not be able to withstand constant wet and humid weather.
Umbrellas and awnings can be added to provide protection from the sun and soften harsh light.
If furniture is to be moved constantly, choose lightweight materials, such as plastic and aluminum. If not, you can go with heavier materials, such as wood or wrought iron.
Make sure to provide storage for your outdoor furniture for winter. Covers will not be enough to provide complete protection, especially for wicker furniture.
If you do not have enough storage, you can consider buying furniture that can be used indoors during the winter months.
An option to cut down on storage space is to buy furniture that can be folded flat for easy storage.
Now that you are ready to buy outdoor patio furniture sets, it is very important to know the...
Things You Should Consider Before Buying Patio Furniture
- Start with a budget in mind so that you do not waste time evaluating furniture you cannot afford.
- It should be well coordinated with the general style and decor of the house.
- Ensure that it will give the desired levels of comfort for long periods.
- Since outdoor furniture is exposed to the forces of nature, it needs to be regularly cleaned and maintained. Check its maintenance requirements before committing to buy.
- Ensure that you have a place to store the furniture when not in use. If not, consider buying heavy duty covers to protect each of the pieces.
To get best products read product details and user reviews before making any purchase.
I hope you found this guide helpful and will use it to your benefit. Use it before you venture out to buy outdoor patio furniture sets and you will have something you will love for the rest of your life.